"If you don't want the truth, avert your eyes."- Hannah L.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

WAIT! I thought of something to lift me up...

     I Dream of Dreaming
                                                                                                     By Hannah Lorraine Williams

I dream of dreaming. Of sleeping on a bed of the most intricate, ornate designs. I want to lie down and sleep a peacefully, worriless sleep for eternity. Eternity's nothing except forever. Dreaming of sunsets and flowers; fields and magical cottages. My eyes don't flutter. I dream. I play my favorite tune on my viola, "We Three Kings". I feel the grass brush past me as I set my instrument of music down on a white rock. I sink to the ground, crisscross, my head in my hands that are resting on my knees. A small fawn comes to me and nuzzles my shoulder. I rub her nose and kiss her gently. She prances away and I stand up, preparing to go home. My dress is seventeenth century and I'm running through the fields without a care in the world; my dark brown hair swinging in all directions with my dress. The sky is my kind of blue, the birds chirp my favorite classical song-In The Hall Of The Mountain King. I can see my cottage up ahead; the thatched roof with a chimney that spews the most beautifully colored dark grey smoke. I pick a flower on my way. My favorite kind-a white daisy. There's a small stream nearby, gliding over white rocks and making the most heartbreakingly beautiful sound. I braid a few daisies into my hair and splash my face with the purest kind of water from the stream. I laugh and think of how wonderful it feels on my ivory colored skin with my rosy cheeks. I look at my reflection- my dark brown eyes seem big and beautiful, my skin colored like a peach-colored cloud and my dark brown hair falling in ringlets around my smiling face. I turn to go home, walking and continuing to finish "In the Hall of The Mountain Kings" because the birds had gone home to feed their families; to their dreams. They just volunteered in mine for the day. Tomorrow there'll be new birds with a new song for me to listen to. The golden sun sets quietly over the emerald hills, painting a watercolor of reds, magentas, pinks, purples, yellows, and oranges. The yellows fade to orange. The Oranges fade to red. And the reds fade to a deep purple that eventually set into midnight blue and black. Soon, the stars come out along with the moon. A full moon because I had always loved them when I was awake and not sleeping. I thought that it had always held a symbolic measure of power and love, infinite beauty for the night. Together, the stars and the moon provide a parade of colorless points of light that beckon me to them. I will gladly go when it is my time in infinity. I skip happily back to my path, bending down to pet a beautifully colored red fox on my way-my favorite animal. He follows me back to my cottage and I give him a nice bed in my drawer and kiss him goodnight as I, too, end my wondrous day in my dreams, beginning to dream up even more vibrant dreams. In my dreaming, I smile peacefully as the night sets in.

In my dreams, there are no worries. Nothing to hurt anything. Everything is perfect and for me, my life right now, that's way it should be. I never wake up. My eyes never twitch, my heart never flutters. I am in my own perfect world where I am safe. No tears, no people. Just me and my wants. No money, no hate. Just love and nature. No modern music, but classical to soothe the soul, mind, and heart. No ugly, just beauty and wonder. Discovery veils nearly everything I touch. There is no gold. There are no phones, computers, TV's, or anything modern. Everything is pure. Everything is beautiful. Everything is perfect.

I dream of dreaming of my dreams peacefully in my serene thoughts.


*This made me feel a lot better. I have this to look forward to in my life. Closing my eyes and resting peacefully for eternity*
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. If you want the full story, go here: http://www.inkpop.com/projects/6921/i-dream-of-dreaming/

    ReplyDelete