"If you don't want the truth, avert your eyes."- Hannah L.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Maybe Sara's Right.

Photobucket

So last night at like four in the morning, I was on the phone with Sara explaining all of my troubles/worries/fears blahblahblah. We were talking and I started going off about everything I hated.
"Wait, wait, wait!" she had said. "I figured out your problem!" Of course, she didn't mean it in a bad way, which was good.
"What's that?" I asked, desperate to know what to change.
"You look for the bad in people, not the good."
"Oh. Well what good is there from Samantha? All she's continued to do is make my life a living hell. Is that good?"
"Well she's kinda been there for you," Sara said. "I mean, when you and DJ broke up, she was there, right?"
This had made me realize I was looking for the bad in people, not the good. Which, if you think about it, makes me a weird kind of outcast. That's the great thing about Sara. Even when she points out a flaw, there's always a flawless feeling that follows. So she's right. I need to start looking for the good in people, even if those people piss me off to a point where I don't even want to breathe the same air as them. So, here's to Sara.

Good Things About Bad People:
1.) Samantha- She has been there for me and held me when I've cried and she's diligently listened when I've read my stories and poems and gushed about some guy or a nightmare.
2.) My Dad- He was here for a longer time than Ron and I'll always have some good memories with him even if he never talks to me now.
3.) M- I have known her for...four and a half years now and there'll always be those times on the bus gossiping about A or something.
4.) That one guy that whistled at me as I was jogging- At least he has good taste
5.) Tiffanie- Well, she doesn't completely hate me and still calls me sugar or gives me a hug, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment