"If you don't want the truth, avert your eyes."- Hannah L.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Haiti, Temples of Petra, and Kitchen Technology!

I really want to send some money towards helping the victims of yesterday's deadly earthquake in Haiti. It breaks my heart): I had a good study session with Branislav yesterday but...lol...my dad thinks hes gay...! Hahhaha! So it turns out I already took my SAGE test and got a 49/50 on it last quarter. I felt so stupid when I brought in a whole notebook full of notes, only to realize that we already took the essay test. Jeez, I really felt like a gifted student then! I had my IB enrollment Monday night and I fille dout the form and next year I'm taking chamber orchestra and Pre-IB/ Challenge Art(: And all of my other classes, including Algebra II. Fun, right? But ey, I'm not complaining. I'm taking my geometry test tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I'm ready for it. I got assigned my TLC (Technology for Life Communications) partner...Raven Rooks. He's like tall, kind of handsome but not really dashing. I'd never like him. Ever. He has less brain cells than a rat because he probably smokes. And it sucks because he does nothing but sit there and say "Dude, that's totally Gee. Naw, man, just kiddin'" (and he's white and thinks he's a gangster, but, like Anthony Ramos, he's probably in a gang and has probably committed murder somewhere along the line). It's like, could you please speak in Englais? No comprehende? I got Kitchen Technology. At least we get to make brownies, right? Me, mostly. But still. In SAGE I was so bored (because we were doing this stupid discussion about what "gifted" really means and this self-evaluation thing) that I wrote down the months in a year, the numbers from 0-9, days of the week, colors of the rainbow, and the countries of the world. I've memorized 178 so far because I have a song that I sing that helps me remember... United States, Canada, Mexico, Panama, Haiti, Jamaica, Peru, Republic Dominican, Cuba, Carribbean, Greenland, El Salvador, too! Puerto Rico, Columbia, Venezuela, Honduras, Guiana, and still, Guatemala, Bolivia, then Argentina, Ecuador, Chile, Brazil!....I could go on, but I'd rather keep my valuable cheat to myself. Today in Geometry, I actually worked. And yesterday, I did a grande totale of 89 problems in my geometry book. If I fail this test, I'm going to hand in my vauluable work instead :/ My braces are okay now. Like, I'm used to them and everything, but it still kind of hurts to eat. Also in Geometry, Mr. Bradley put up a new "Where In The World" which I have gotten the past two times. Turns out, today's was a temple in a cliff in Petra, Jordan. Well, Caleb, who used to be the Wiz Kid in elementary and then "handed the torch to me" so to speak, looked it up in class! I got so irritated! Because the past few times I've actually known, just by my own absorption of knowledge, where the places are. He totally cheated! He could have at least waited until he got home! But, whatever. I also took like a whole (and I mean WHOLE like there is no white spot on that paper) page of notes for my Science Olympiad event, Solar Systems. I was proud of that(: And, for my novel, I checked out an Italian Traveler's Guide from the library. I thought it was pretty neat(: Well, I think I'm going to go write, so bye!!

Cheers,


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment